Saturday 28 January 2017

A Highly Anticipated Game for 2017

Over the past few months, I haven't had a good track record in converting anticipation into physical copies. Stonewall's Sword and FAB: Golan still elude me, while others are still yet to be readied for shipping.

This doesn't stop the pangs of anticipation though, and the latest entry on my wish list is:


For me, this sounds like it has the combination of qualities that will boost its chances of being played:  reasonably low complexity, do-able in a single afternoon or evening, aesthetically attractive design and components....and of course, it's set in the Roman Empire. What's not to like?

Cards look great:


...as does the map:


Commentary from playtesters has been very positive. Time of Crisis is currently slated to be published by GMT in April this year. I think I'll have to take the P500 plunge on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment